Glamorizing ayahuasca with movie star quotes and citing the LA Weekly in calling it "exceedingly stylish" is irresponsible on so many levels!
How someone managed to whittle an enlightening, transformational therapeutic experience down to an anti-smoking advertisement is actually remarkable! Using ayahuasca to quit smoking can be like using the Hadron Subatomic Particle Collider to make Jello, like using mindfulness to bathroom train a baby, like shopping for a Ferrari because you like the cupholder.
For anyone considering partaking in a such a journey:
10. Your intention needs to be that you wish to experience Addiction
the divine, the infinite, Thriller - whatever you select to call "it," the "other" as Slavoj Zizec refers to it - that which is past the limited perspective of your mind.
9. Settle for that the divine/infinite/Thriller cannot be experienced in a way that may make sense to your brain; the divine is infinite; your brain is finite. Attempting to cognitively grasp the infinite is like attempting to pour the ocean right into a thimble.
8. Be aware that you may not benefit from the info that the divine/infinite/Mystery chooses to share with you. However - even in case you are a "Born-Once more Atheist," as Gore Vidal referred to himself - you'll probably be taught an important deal in regards to the fleeting ideas you presently refer to as "My Life," "My Self," "My Beliefs," "My Relationships" and "Reality."
7. Each time you experience the divine/infinite/Mystery might be different - each experience is akin to a drop in the ocean.
6. The experience might be ineffable, beyond any language, and attempting to place it into words will likely be daunting.
5. "10 years of remedy downloaded in a night" seems to be a reasonably universal analogy to convey one of the outcomes. You could want to take this into consideration earlier than you make plans to attend the Knicks game the next afternoon.
4. The "icaros" (songs) are an integral a part of the ceremony and thru them you might achieve a better appreciation of the facility of music.
3. If you do not adhere to a "dieta" (food plan) before the ceremony, the crops will help your body in ridding itself of the chemical substances, salt, sugar, alcohol, caffeine, flesh and different toxins and impurities that you have crammed into it. This is commonly often known as purging. If your body (together with the subtle energy body) is clear, there shall be nothing to purge.
2. Ayahuasca should not be used recreationally nor do I believe ought to be considered a hallucinogenic because...
1. One might realize that every little thing perceived through the 5 senses and assimilated by the thoughts (including afflictions, addictions, prejudices, etc.) is contrived. Ponder this: is it doable that plant medicine allows one to open "the doorways of notion" - as William Blake and Aldous Huxley described - briefly shed the subjective self, "realize" or merge with the infinite "other," and thus gain a contemporary outlook on mundane reality (subsequently inspiring one to curb afflictions, addictions, and prejudices)?